About the High School Debate Club
email@example.com or 732-844-3835 (email preferred)
Students must be in at least the 5th grade to be considered for admission.
Debate club is an opportunity for students to learn more about debate. For some students, this is their only exposure to debate. For others, it serves as an additional practice to supplement their team practices. We offer Introductory and Intermediate/Varsity Public Forum debate for our high schoolers.
- Practices are held on select Saturdays (listed below) from 9:30am-11:30am at 25 Broadway, New York, NY. Click here for directions.
- Tournaments: On middle school tournament dates, we meet at the tournament. Students who are competing will be at the tournament from 9am-4pm/5pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served. Students who are not competing are encouraged to come and observe.
High School Debate Club Practice Dates
- January 25th
- February 15th
- February 29th
- March 21st
- April 4th
- April 11th
- April 18th
High School Debate Tournaments
- February 2nd - High School Debate Tournament
- March 7th - High School City Championships (Students must qualify for this tournament)
- March 28th-March 29th- High School State Championships (Students must qualify for this tournament)
$549/Semester. All proceeds support the NYCUDL mission to make debate accessible to all.
Please note that your child is not registered in debate club until you receive a personalized confirmation from the League. Unfortunately demand far exceeds our capacity. Confirmation emails will be sent out on January 15th.